Tuesday 30 March 2010

Mini Mixed Media Canvas Tutorial

I thought I'd do a tutorial this morning for a mini mixed media canvas .. I hope you'll play along :o)

I used a cheap canvas board for this project, but any canvas or even mount board would do.
I used colourwash and glimmer mists (made my own in my mini misters with perfect pearls)and covered the canvas.

Then I tore a page or two out of an old french novel.


Using Claudine Hellmuths Studio line paints & a babywipe I cover the page. (I used the light blue first)


Then I begin to add more colours (as many as you like until your happy with it)


Next I prepare my collage elements, these are all from Artchix Studio .. well worth a look !

Then I use Claudine hellmuths Multi Medium Matte to adhere the pages to the canvas :



Next using a stencil (Crafters workshop 6x6 template) with Pine needles distress ink I just do small amounts on the paper & canvas.




Using Black Archival ink I stamped an image (stamper anonymous Timholtz stamp)on to the paper.


then I started to assemble the collage using ideaology metal accents on the watch.


As a finishing touch I have added Glossy accents to the number 5 to add more dimension.


& that's all there is to it ... You can use a smaller version of this idea for ATC's or cards .. anything really .. just have fun x

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. They are much appreciated :o)

Crafty Blogs