Thursday 25 February 2010

Mixed media Canvas

I've been playing around this morning with Beeswax, Distress Inks, Claudine Hellmuth Paints, Grunge board, Crackle Paint, Collage & an old rusty key ... all in the name of mixed media ..I have a workshop coming up in a couple of weeks, Find this here :
Workshop link

Here are some pictures of my canvas along the way

This one is after the inks, beeswax, & Paints.

This one has some stamped images on it (using just archival ink)

Beginning to add paper collaging now..

And a bit more ....


This is after I've added the Key with wings ... & here's a close up of it :

I haven't done any doodling on it yet .. haven't decided whether it needs it or not yet .. going to walk away from it for a bit & decide later ...
I have also done a bit more to my journal I started the other day :


SOrry it's such a big post, seems to be all or nothing this blogger business lol :D x

2 comments:

  1. I love the mixed media canvas. Can't wait for the workshop - not long to go!

    What pens do you use to write on the ink and paints in your art journal please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background effect ...loved the shots you took as it developed too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. They are much appreciated :o)

Crafty Blogs