Tuesday, 24 March 2009
Well it's time to do another mini project & seeing as I've had people ask how I've done the faux soldering, I thought I'd do a couple of Inchies & Twinchies to show you.
1. Put on the Melting Pot & add some Platinum Utee crystals (Utee stands for Ultra thick embossing enamel)
2. 2. Using a background I created in an earlier project (see the archives)I cut out a 2x2" square & 2 1x1" squares .. these are your backgrounds for your twinchies & Inchies.
3. First of all I'm going to add some small images to them. I am adhering them with Claudine Hellmuths Gel Medium (multi-medium matte) but you could use whatever you like. I often use PVA or mod Podge ...
I glue over the entire background, add the image & then glue over the top of that too.
4. You can if you like add some text, stamping or embellishments .. the picture below is of some I have done for the swaps.
5.Next we check that the UTEE has turned into it's liquid state.
6. When your happy that it is, you simply take a background (i'm working on the Twinchie first.) You simply dip it into the pot .. not in the back where it is deepest, otherwise you will get too much utee on your work, but dip where it is shallower & gently pull it forward in the utee just a few millimetres .. the more you pull it the thicker the utee you will get.
7. So dip one side, carefully turn & dip the next & so on. It dries very quickly, but be warned it is very hot.
8. & then I do the same with an inchie :
& that's all there is to it :o) I hope this has helped you understand a little more about melt pots, utee & faux soldering :)
So here's the finished project :
Posted by Anneliese at 13:18